Sunday, June 04, 2006

Fast Food Nonsense

For years I have tried to restrict my fast food intake, but honestly there are times when it is either the easiest or most affordable thing to do.

So back in Tucson my favorite Taco Bell thing was a tostada. In VA, none of the Taco Bells have tostadas. I find this incredibly peculiar because they have Mexi-pizzas and Crunch-wrap supremes which both use the tostada shell.

WTF? I want my damn tostadas!

Conversely, I've spent years weaning myself off of McDonald's. In College, the best hangover 'medicine' was to walk the 1/4 mile to the Mickey D's and get a Big Mac meal with a Biggie Coke. Dude, the Mac soaked up every ounce of liquor left in your system and the Coke got your energy up. It was bliss.

I still haven't seen Super Size Me, and I don't really need to. I know it's bad for me. I make Big Mac's a rarity, I don't upsize, and I drink Sprite ('cause I kicked caffeine long ago).

So tonight on our way home Scott is jonseing for a milkshake, and while he will not eat any Mickey D's food, he loves the shakes. So, we pull up and a sign says 24 Hour Drive through. Seriously? If I have a Big Mac attack at 3 AM I can drive 5 min from my house and get whatever hot junk I want? Oh God help me!

But wait, it gets worse. We pull into the drive-through and not only do they have the normal hot fudge sundaes, they have 4 additional sundaes. I couldn't resist. I got the hot fudge brownie sundae. And? It was fantastic. I gave Scott a bite of the brownie and he was in heaven.

24 hrs a day, Big Mac and a selection of sundaes? For the love of God, what will save me??

There must be some irony or karmic compensation for losing tostadas. Damn you, Taco Bell! Damn you, delicious selection of sundaes and ridiculous availability of junk food!

1 Comments:

At 10:43 PM, Blogger Cookie said...

Now really!! Super Size Me the movie will only dissuade you from the fries and big macs not from the sundaes and shakes. But the weight you gain there is extremely hard to lose

didn't we just have a food conversation? I know you are eating in support of my stress.
I love you.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home


View My Stats