Tuesday, December 04, 2007

Adventures in Flying

So I’m on another prolonged business trip out of the country and my start was quite an adventure in and of itself. It started with a delayed flight due to a ‘crew change’ – which required the pilot to sit and do paper work, which had to be shuttled to and from the tower before we were cleared for takeoff. This took 30 minutes. I was blown away that a commuter flight to Phili was delayed by the same amount of time it takes to get to Phili.

Then, my flight arrived so late that I had to run to my next gate, hoping I would not miss my connecting flight out of the country. You can imagine how flustered I was, since this locale only gets in like 4 flights a day, and I knew if I missed my flight I was pretty much delayed a whole day.

So I arrived to the gate huffing and puffing to find that flight was delayed 30 minutes. And I was relived. When the 30 minutes were up, however, they told us we were going to have another 3 hour delay because they needed to get us a new plane – which they had to fly in from another state.

At noon (now two hours later) they offered us all $10 meal vouchers – most folks had already wandered off and fed themselves. I had stayed behind talking with other road warriors about our destination and the places they like to eat there. We took our vouchers, got some food, got back for boarding and arrived at our destination only 3 hours late.

I can tell you that I am not looking forward to my flight home… I only hope they don’t screw that one up too. At least that is direct.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


View My Stats